Friday, May 29, 2009

Web 2.0 animation

I have been looking at a couple way to create animation. I wanted something that would be easy for young children. My son likes to write stories and draw pictures. He is starting to learn how to create pictures by clicking and dragging. I first found goanimate.com first. You will need to create an username and password to create a It allows for pre-loaded characters to be placed in a setting and be controlled by selecting an action. Personal images can be added and placed into the setting. Personal images can not have actions placed on them. The animation is broken down into scenes. In each scene, a character can have one action per scene. When the animation has been completed, it can distributed as a hyperlink in an email or embedded in to a webpage. For example, I embedded an animation on my moodle site. The other animation web page is xtranormal.com. This site is a little more complicated. You can create basic animation, however the animation is script-based. As the script is built, actions can be added. When the video has been created, a web link and embed code will appear on the side of the web page. This is a brief overview of what I have found so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment